Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Discovering Your Wedding Style

Recently I've been inspired by the newfound popularity in story boards for weddings. On practically every wedding site and blog I see brides posting their boards of inspiration and while I have a board of inspiration for aiding in my invitation design. These style boards I create have also helped in my designing wedding stationary that fits into the color scheme so storyboards are FABULOUS!!! So much so that I too have been inspired to do more of these story boards but mine capture a style concept. My new challenge is to create a visual picture that tells a story. Once I do that I'll post it. For now, here are two more style boards. These two are inspired by classic beauty and sophistication with a twist. The first one is called Haute Pink. It's my twist on the couture feel of design and style all in the ever popular wedding color of pink. The bride's dress is by Richard Tyler and is totally decadent! The second style board is called Classic using the basic color palette of black and white. Isn't that cake simply divine it comes from Lovin Sullivan Cakes!

HAUTE PINK


CLASSIC


I have fun making these and suggest to any bride to do the same. Making a story, style, or inspiration board is simple. Whether you create a virtual one like these or clip pictures out of the stack of Bridal magazines you've consumed I think by doing this you start to learn about you, your style and it gives you a vision that you can reference throughout your wedding planning. What I've noticed is that many brides are inspired by a pattern on fabric a wall paper sample or color palette that just inspires you. Channel that energy and create a collage of images that tell your wedding story. By doing this first the rest of your wedding planning will be effortlessly easy because the hardest part is done.

No comments: