Sunday, May 20, 2007

Discovering Resources

This morning I was reading comments from one of the message boards I'm a member of. This message board is great because its all about paper and building a stationary design business. Since finding this site I feel overwhelmed and happy to find such a resource of information. This message board has helped me in developing people st. clair.

When I decided to start my own stationary design business, I was clueless to everything I needed to know. So I spent a lot of time researching. More than just a few months but really like a year. I searched and researched products; Learned about printing techniques; developing business processes and my own design style while also perfecting my design skills and got to a point where I could say I was prepared to enter into this business.

If you're starting a business whatever it may be, be sure to do the research and if you aren't sure of where to start ask people who support your dream and vision to help research with you. Building a business is not easy and without support, personal motivation and knowing all the aspects of your business. Research takes time learning about a business doesn't happen over night. Don't overwhelm yourself in research but know it must be done.

As I continue to discover resources its good to know that through all this research I've learned a lot about how to make a business work and part of that is building my own knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the message board you are talking about?

Thank you!